So often retailers hear the importance of being “on brand.” With large online retailers gobbling up sales it can be difficult to get new customer in your store and provide them with a unique experience. Now, more than ever, it is important to match the feel of your bricks and mortar store with that of your website, your social media, and your catalog if you have one. All of this can be time consuming and expensive especially for new and smaller retailers where the owner frequently wears many hats.
One easy and relatively inexpensive way to keep your store on brand is with chalkboard signs. Often seen in hip and trendy restaurants and bars, chalkboard signs make a lot of cents! Here’s why:
- Affordability – Chalkboard signs offer a lot of bang for your buck. You can purchase a number of chalkboards even on a tight start up budget. And chalk won’t break the bank either!
- Custom Look – No matter what look you are going for, you can achieve it with a chalkboard sign. If elegant lettering matches your brand, that’s what your sign can show. If you look is better reflected with a block letter, while that works, too. Of course you can add to the lettering with small pictures, calls to action or any ongoing promos or sales.
- Easy to Move – Many chalkboard signs are sandwich boards, meaning you can put them on the side walk and your message will be visible to potential shoppers in both directions. At the end of the day, simply pick up your sign and carry it back in your store. This type of sign also means you can use the sign inside all the time if you prefer. If there are any community based events where you wish to be represented, a chalkboard sign can come in handy.
- Easy to Change – Often restaurants use chalkboard signs to highlight any specials they have or the catch the day, because the writing is in chalk it is easy to clean at the end of the day and put up new specials. The same is true for retail stores. Advertise a special sale, invite customers into your store, encourage dog owners to give their pet a drink, whatever you want to communicate with customers is easy to do with a chalkboard sign. And when you want to change the message all it takes is a little bit of water and a rag.
- Show Your Creative Side – Chalkboard signs allow you to show off your creative side. If you are not great at lettering or drawing, ask your employees for assistance. If anyone on your team has a flair for the creative, put them in charge of the chalkboard.
Chalk board signs offer am economical way to stay on brand with your signage, while communicating with potential customers. While they are great for business with a small budget, they look just as at home in larger establishments.
If you are a retailer who would like more information on Outdoor Signage you can shop for all your needs on our website, Specialty Store Services. If you would like a question answered immediately, you can Live Chat, or phone us at 800-999-0771.